Our customer, a 60 year old company in the ship building/repair industry, had recently introduced a new generation of directors and was going through a time of growth and diversification. The ICT infrastructure at the ship yard was in great need of modernisation in order to cope with the new procedures and systems that were being implemented.
The project run for several months and included the following components:
- Construction of new Server Room
- Installation of Passive and Active Networking throughout
- Coverage of the whole shipyard with wireless network access
- VPN connectivity with Egypt office
- Installation of Telephone system and connectivity over IP with Egypt Telephony system
- Physical Domain Controller, File Server, Mail Server, Print Server, Backup solution
- IP Surveillance system with outdoor PTZ IP Cameras and CCTV software
- Corporate website
The ICT infrastructure played a major role in aiding the young directors to grow their business and achieve goals that were never attempted in long history of the company.