Our customer, a well regarded and established innovative Limassol-based Shipping Services company, wanted to replace their existing IT support provider and upgrade systems to meet their particular requirements. The project, which dealt with the whole of the company’s IT Infrastructure, was a combination of systems upgrades, migration of existing systems, as well as installation of new systems. More specifically it included:
- Migration of physical Microsoft Windows 2003 Servers to Virtual Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Servers,
- Migration of Microsoft Exchange 2003 Server, with a large number of mail-enabled Public Folders, to Microsoft Exchange 2010 Server,
- Migration from Microsoft SQL 2005 Server to Microsoft SQL 2008 Server,
- Upgrade of Client Operating Systems from Microsoft Windows XP Pro to Microsoft Windows 7 Pro,
- Implementation of Microsoft System Center Essentials 2010 to allow for an efficient and proactively centrally managed network,
- Implementation of Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2010, which performs full Backups of all Virtual Machines and Continuous Application-level Backups of Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, and File Servers, to ensure fast systems recovery in any failure situation.
We now provide continuous Preventative Maintenance and Support to our client.